What is Invisalign?
Dr. Mullally Is Proud To Be A Premier Invisalign® Provider
The clear alternative to braces, Invisalign® uses a series of comfortable and removable clear aligners that no one can tell you're wearing. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign® is custom made with 3D computer-imaging technology and is proven to be an effective orthodontic treatment for common orthodontic conditions and alignment issues, such as overcrowding, gapped teeth, open bites, underbites, crossbites, and overbites.
Invisalign® treatment involves wearing a series of clear aligners or trays in order to gradually straighten teeth and create a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime. A series of aligners are to be worn in a specific order, with each one featuring a different shape that gradually changes as teeth move into alignment. The virtually invisible aligners are made of strong, medical-grade thermoplastic material, uniquely developed for the Invisalign® system.
Our Gainesville orthodontist, Dr. Mullally has extensive training in the field of orthodontics — following dental school, she spent an additional 2 years of residency learning how to diagnose and create treatment plans for even the most challenging orthodontic conditions. In addition, Dr. Mullally has completed comprehensive training in designing and programming Invisalign® and regularly attends advanced courses for continued learning of the most efficient techniques for treating almost any case with Invisalign® aligners.
As experienced providers of Invisalign®, the Studio32 Orthodontics team will guide you through each step of the treatment process to help you achieve the bright, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. Contact us today to get started!
- Faster treatment. Weekly aligner changes mean accelerated orthodontic results, so you can get the smile you want even faster than with other types of treatments.
- Proven results. Our Invisalign® orthodontist can help you get results even before treatment is completed — enjoy the benefits of a beautiful smile sooner.
- Custom made. Each aligner is created with a medical-grade thermoplastic material and features superior comfort, fit, and ease of use for the ultimate benefits.
- Virtually invisible. Invisible and removable, Invisalign® is a metal-free solution for straightening teeth that’s a perfect alternative to adult braces and teen braces.
- Convenient. Eat and drink whatever you want throughout your treatment plan, plus fewer and less frequent office visits and minimized Invisalign® emergencies.
- Comfortable. More comfortable than traditional braces, so you can avoid oral abrasions. Brush and floss just as you normally would — no extra cleaning required!
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Before our orthodontic specialists can create a customized treatment plan, patients must come into the office so we can take dental impressions to ensure they are candidates for treatment with Invisalign® clear aligners. Once confirmed, we work with patients to develop a comprehensive treatment plan using ClinCheck®, a virtual, 3D treatment plan that displays the series of movements the teeth are projected to go through during treatment — patients can see how their teeth are expected to appear after treatment even before inserting the first tray! Want more information? Check out our Invisalign® FAQs to learn more about treatment.
When patients first start wearing Invisalign®, they will wear each set of custom-made aligners in 2-week increments for up to 22 hours per day, depending on the difficulty of movements and whether or not the patient uses Propel (accelerated treatment). Patients remove their aligners only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As patients replace each aligner with the next in the series, their teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to their final position. In order to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned, patients will visit our practice about once every 8-12 weeks. Total treatment time averages 9-12 months with some cases finishing much faster and other more complex cases taking close to 18 months.
For Invisalign® to work, two things are required:
- A committed patient who truly wears their aligners as prescribed
- A doctor with the knowledge and experience to diagnose the problems, develop a treatment plan and then design/program the plastic to perform the movements needed
How Much Does Invisalign® Cost?
The cost of treatment may vary from patient to patient and depends upon the individual needs and customized treatment plan of each patient. Once our staff determines the Invisalign® cost for your specific needs and treatment plan, they will discuss with you available payment methods, such as insurance and financing. For more information about the cost of orthodontic treatment with Invisalign® or to schedule an appointment to start treatment, contact our office today — we look forward to helping you achieve the smile of your dreams!
How Long Does Invisalign® Take?
Following the first appointment at our office, our orthodontist will develop a treatment plan customized to the orthodontic needs of the patient. The time it takes to complete the treatment plan varies from patient to patient, and it typically depends on a number of different factors, including the complexity of each straightening issue. It’s important to speak with Dr. Mullally about how Invisalign® best suits your specific situation and goals and to agree on the best way forward. Contact us to learn more about what to expect with Invisalign® during treatment.
Invisalign® Vs. Traditional Braces
The importance of orthodontic treatment cannot be understated — orthodontics help to improve both oral health and self-confidence. But, when it comes to choosing among the available types of braces, it’s important to consider all benefits and drawbacks of each kind. Invisalign® helps patients undergo orthodontic treatment without requiring that patients alter their habits as they would with traditional braces. The discreet appearance of clear aligners offers patients the ability to keep their treatment private, while still effectively improving the alignment of their smile.
Invisalign® offers a number of benefits when compared with traditional, metal braces, including the following. To find out whether you’re a candidate for this treatment option, contact us!
- Clear, nearly invisible aligners make Invisalign® much less noticeable on the teeth compared to brackets fixed to teeth with traditional braces.
- Invisalign® trays are removable, which lets patients eat, drink, and care for their teeth and gums as they would normally without the need to clean around brackets and wires.
- Treatment with Invisalign® generally requires fewer in-office appointments throughout the treatment process, saving patients valuable time.
- Composed of high-quality medical-grade plastic materials, Invisalign® poses no irritation to surrounding soft tissues on the lips and gums as is common with braces.
iTero Element® Intraoral Scanner
The Latest In Digital Scanning
Studio32 Orthodontics utilizes the iTero Element® Intraoral Scanner, which is specifically engineered to work with Invisalign® braces. The iTero® allows our orthodontists to easily scan and view oral images in 3D, all while alongside the patient for both ease of access and comfort.
iTero® scanning is different from X-Ray scanning, as scans can be taken while the patient is in motion, which means patients don't have to sit still while waiting for each click! Images are automatically stitched together for easy viewing and no waiting times.
iTero Element® Intraoral scanning is an alternative to traditional impressions, which can be uncomfortable and messy. iTero® offers superior chairside service and it can also improve the overall Invisalign® experience.
Invisalign® patients who start treatment with iTero® scans have seven times fewer fit-related issues than those who opted for traditional impressions. A better fit means your Invisalign® system will be more comfortable and produce maximum results.