Patients love Invisalign treatment because it’s so easy, which is to say, wearing Invisalign is convenient and comfortable. In many ways, Invisalign also leaves you with less to worry about than traditional or ceramic braces. Though it’s still important to listen to your orthodontist in Gainesville, FL, about the dos and don’ts of Invisalign treatment. After all, by using Invisalign properly, you can make sure when treatment ends that your smile is every bit as perfect and vibrant as you imagined.
What You Should Do
- Invisalign should be worn 20 to 22 hours each day, but considering how comfortable they are, keeping Invisalign in for most of the day shouldn’t be a problem.
- Maintaining proper oral hygiene is important during Invisalign treatment. Make sure to remove Invisalign and clean your teeth like normal, which means brushing with toothpaste twice and flossing once per day.
- Just as you clean your own teeth, keeping Invisalign clean is also important. Ask your Gainesville orthodontics provider for an Invisalign cleaning kit, or you can simply brush Invisalign with a toothbrush and rinse them under lukewarm water.
- There are no food restrictions during Invisalign treatment, which is why many patients choose it, but you must make sure to always take out Invisalign before eating.
- Check that your mouth is clean after you’ve finished eating before putting back Invisalign, or food could get stuck in your teeth and cause issues, such as cavities.
- When it comes to playing sports while wearing Invisalign Gainesville, FL, athletes have nothing to worry about; but for contact sports, first remove Invisalign before wearing a mouthguard.
What You Shouldn’t Do
- Don’t take out Invisalign for longer than 2 to 4 hours each day; this includes remembering to put them back after meals and always wearing Invisalign at night. After all, your Invisalign orthodontist has a treatment plan for you, and failing to wear Invisalign enough could throw that plan off schedule.
- Remember to brush and floss your teeth everyday, but don’t forget to take out Invisalign first; Invisalign could get damaged if left in during brushing, not to mention your teeth won’t get the cleaning they need.
- Don’t forget that Invisalign requires routine cleaning, but make sure to avoid using water hotter than lukewarm to avoid damaging them.
- Given how comfortable wearing Invisalign is, you’ll probably forget they’re in at all, but don’t forget to remind yourself to take them out before eating, or else your Invisalign could get damaged.
- Just because you can eat whatever foods you want during Invisalign treatment doesn’t mean you should do so; remember, sugary and crunchy foods can still damage your teeth or cause cavities, and so you should favor healthy food choices, instead.
Schedule with an Orthodontist in Gainesville, FL
Studio32 Orthodontics offers Invisalign treatments, traditional braces, and other orthodontics products for individuals and families in Gainesville, FL. We also proudly accept many types of insurance as well as offer financing, so patients can get the orthodontics they need at a price they can afford. As the reviews for Studio32 Orthodontics show, though, the biggest reasons patients come here is for personal attention and quality results. Schedule your appointment today!